Domestic Operations Specialist
Duties / Responsibilities
The Specialist of Domestic Operations is responsible for providing operationally excellent domestic surface transportation services to our esteemed clientele. In this capacity, you will collaborate with the Senior Specialist of Domestic Operations to ensure client expectations are met, service levels are sustained at desired threshold levels, costs are controlled, and carrier network partners adhere to KCH and Client standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for daily execution of domestic surface transportation processing inclusive of, but not limited to:
- Shipment planning and coordination
- Administration and execution of the booking tendering process
- Shipment track and tracing, along with exception management
- Proof of Delivery
- Commercial document assembly and dispatch, per client requirements
- Robust communication of status updates to internal team and clients
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry into the KCH operating platform
- Procure reliable carriers and negotiate the best rates and service
- Develop, sustain domestic surface process flow, operating procedures, and scopes of work for designated clients
- Maintain Company domestic transportation KPI’s performance standards and support of continuous improvement
- Fiscal management support, inclusive of invoicing administration, account payables and receivables
- Handle urgent situations such as the need to recover truck, freight, or driver, traffic, weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances that may prevent on-time delivery
- Work with transportation providers and freight payment team to ensure proper accessorial cost and flows
- Oversee and administration of damage and loss claims
- Assists in troubleshooting and resolving safety, service, and operational issues
- Adherence to customer and company policies, TERP procedures, along with internal controls designed to ensure compliance with all HSE / DOT-related regulations or guidelines
- Customer Service
- Detailed, Accurate and Efficient
- Verbal & Written Communication
- Dependability and Initiative
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of Terra Worldwide Logistics.
Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Outlook, Internet Explorer)
Certificates and Licenses:
This position will not have any direct reports.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, smartphones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
*Please note that if you submit for more than one position or this position multiple times, you will be flagged for spam. Please only submit your inquiry one time.