Jason Whitten, the president of KCH Transportation, created a company that holds a high standard for putting people before everything else. We are here to serve each other, serve our customers, and serve our community. This is how KCH Cares and our first Trunk or Treat came to fruition.
In early 2022, members of our KCH Transportation team created KCH Cares. KCH Cares’ mission is to give back to the communities in which we live, work, and play. The team, along with the whole company, is invested in taking service beyond the supply chain.
In October, KCH Cares held its first annual community Trunk or Treat event. The event consisted of games for all ages
, clothing, and food essentials for anyone who wanted or needed them.
Of course, we couldn’t forget the candy for the kids too!
The event took place at St. Andrew’s Community Center in Downtown Chattanooga, TN. The community center serves as a central hub with the mission to change lives, support small businesses and promote wellbeing.
As a recap, from beginning to end of the event, we saw:
- 7 companies joined together to serve
- 250 hot dogs handed out to attendees
- 200 clothing items go home with new families
- Over 20 community volunteers serving our locals
- Roughly 150 community members come and go with smiles on their faces
Though the event was hosted by the Chattanooga office, all of our branches contributed through donations. We are so proud of all our KCH Family for going above and beyond in everything.
As a quick run-down, our teams by location donated:
Donations by branch:
- Chattanooga: Over 1000 individual food and cleaning products
- Nashville: A total of 371 clothing items for all ages
- Woodstock: A literal truckload of hygiene products
- Augusta: A bit of everything– bags of candy, clothing, food, cleaning supplies and hygiene products
- Tampa and Dallas: Cash donations for 30 bags of candy and various supplies that were needed
We would also like to give a HUGE shoutout to our partnering companies who also contributed to the event. We seriously couldn’t have done this without their help!
- The Barn Nursery: Garden Center | Chattanooga | Barn Nursery
- Guardian Investment Advisors, LLC.: Guardian Investment Advisors – Let Us Help You Create A Financial Strategy (giaplantoday.com)
- StratusGrid: StratusGrid | A Cloud-Native Company
- Urban Story Ventures: Commercial Real Estate | Chattanooga TN – Urban Story Venture (urbanstoryventures.com)
- PHIX Boutique and Beauty: Women’s Boutique | Phix Boutique and Beauty
- The Omni Family of Services: Foster Care, Adoption & Behavioral Health | The Omni Family TN, NC, IN, KY
We are delighted to be surrounded by companies that care about the community as much as we do, and we are even more grateful for the companies that take part with us to help those in need.
This event allowed us to serve the community in a tangible way and create a tradition for our team. We wanted to create an event that would allow the company to build relationships while serving the community.
After the event, Terry, the St. Andrew’s building manager, said, “Man, this is what it’s all about. I’ve had to go inside to collect myself and hold back tears. Thank y’all so much.”
We are excited to announce that we will be hosting this event again. We are hoping to have it at the community center in mid-October of this year.