Last modified: January 31, 2023
KCH Transportation, Inc. (“Company”, “we”, “us” or “our”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy (“Policy”).This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://kchtrans.com/ (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party.
- Any third party, including through any application, software or content (including advertising) that integrates with our services, or that may link to or be accessible from or through the Website (collectively, “Third Party Services”), which Third Party Services are governed by their own privacy policies.
YOUR PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT US. PLEASE READ THIS POLICY CAREFULLY TO UNDERSTAND OUR POLICIES AND PRACTICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW WE WILL TREAT IT.
If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website. By accessing or using this Website, you agree to this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time (see Changes to Our Policy). Your continued use of this Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
2. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Notice
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age.
We are proud of our Website and we strive to ensure that it does not offend people of any age. However, our Website is not intended for children under the age of 16 years without the permission of a parent or guardian. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your State Privacy Rights for more information.
3. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website to provide the services you request, ease your navigation on our website, communicate with you, and improve your experience using our services, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or other contact information, unique personal identifier, online identifier, or other similar identifiers (“personal information”).
- That is about you but individually does not identify you.
- About your internet connection, browsing history, search history, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details when you interact with our Website.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, error reports, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, whether directly or indirectly through their usage data collection services.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include (please note that there may be some overlap between the personal information in each category):
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, applying for a job with us, subscribing to our services, posting material, or requesting further services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and comment messages), if you contact us.
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code §1798.80(e)), such as name, signature, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information or health insurance information.
- Individual records such as government identifiers, resumes, complete account access credentials (user names and account numbers combined with required access/security code or password), or mail, email, or text messages contents not directed to us.
- From customer/shippers: professional contact information; other business contact information to support business processes completed on customer/shipper behalf; shipment origin and destination addresses; load status; business financial information; statistical information such as services purchased or considered and consuming histories or tendencies; survey responses; and/or social media identifiers when customers/shippers contribute content to our Website.
- From carriers/drivers: professional contact information; driver contact information; business financial information; government identification; geo-location data; IP address; device ID; statistical information; survey responses; and/or social media identifiers when carriers/drivers contribute to our Website.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information such as profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will only be viewed by authorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Information Third Parties Provide to Us
We also obtain data from third parties or use third parties to assist us with data collection, (for example, from various cloud service providers and publicly available information systems, or to supplement the data we collect as described above by purchasing demographic data from other companies). In addition, we utilize third-party services to collect usage data.
To enhance our content and to deliver a better online experience for our users, we sometimes embed images and videos from other websites on the Website and some content on the Website may itself include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, etc.). We currently use, and may in the future use content from websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and TikTok. You may be presented with cookies from these third-party websites. Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
5. How We Use Your Information
We will only use personal information when the law allows us to. We will only use personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us, and with promotional communications and customer relationship management (“CRM”).
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To help us run our company, for example to improve the services we offer or our security, train staff or perform marketing activities, including CRM.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please [check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the [order form/registration form])/adjust your user preferences in your account profile.] For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
6. Disclosure of Your Information
It is the policy of the Company to protect your personal information. Access to your personal information is restricted to only those employees or agents, contractors or subcontractors of the Company who have valid reasons to access this information to perform any service you have requested or authorized, or for any other purpose described in this Policy. The information you provide will not be sold or rented to third parties
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of KCH Transportation, Inc., our customers, carriers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
7. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by [[checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the [order form/registration form])/[OTHER OPT-OUT METHOD]] or at any other time by] [logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by] sending us an email stating your request to [EMAIL ADDRESS]. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website. Please keep in mind that your browser settings may not permit you to control third parties’ technologies, and this Policy does not apply to, and we cannot control the activities of, third parties. If you would like more information about third party advertisers’ practices, please see http://optout.aboutads.info/#!/.
8. Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page (except you cannot change your username).
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users.
Website administrators can also see and edit that information. If you delete your Contributions from the Website, copies of your Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users.
9. Your State Privacy Rights
State consumer privacy laws may provide their residents with additional rights regarding our use of their personal information. The following section applies to individuals who reside in specific jurisdictions that provide additional privacy rights. To learn more about California residents’ privacy rights, visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa.
Data Collection – Right to Know
In the last twelve (12) months we may have collected the categories of personal information as described in Section 3 – “Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It” above.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the business purposes indicated in Section 5 – “How We Use Your Information” above.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. We share personal information with the categories of third parties listed in Section 6 – “Disclosure of Your Information” above.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- Individual records
- Commercial information
- Internet or other similar network activity
- Geolocation data
- Inferences drawn from other personal information
We do not sell personal information. In the event that we do sell any personal information, we will update this Policy to list the categories of consumers’ personal information sold.
Your Rights and Choices
Certain state laws, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)/California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA), may provide residents with specific rights regarding their personal information in addition to those addressed above. This section describes the rights you may have and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Access Specific Information and Data Portability Right. You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of personal information over the past twelve (12) months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we disclosed personal information for a business purpose, the business purpose for which personal information was disclosed, and the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Right to Correct Information. You have the right to request we update personal information about you that is incorrect in our systems.
Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete any personal information about you that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) the personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
Right to Opt-out of sharing Personal Information for Cross-Contextual Behavioral Advertising. We do not share Personal Information for cross-contextual behavioral advertising.
Right to Limit Sensitive Personal Information Use. You have the right to limit the use of sensitive personal information regarding you.
Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights.
Exercising Your Rights:
To exercise the access, data portability and deletion rights described above, please complete and email us a copy of this Verifiable Consumer Request Form to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at: (770) 962-6829.
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to personal information about you. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make such a request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, and describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response electronically. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the receipt of the verifiable consumer request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide the personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
10. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
11. Changes to Our Policy
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you by email to the email address specified in your account. The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and this Policy to check for any changes.
12. Contact Information
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at:
or call us at: